These are the most commonly asked questions about Gifts with Vision. If your question isn’t on the list, please infogiftswithvision.ca (e-mail us).
- Do I need to create an account to make a gift?
Yes, you need to create an account to make a gift. This ensures you receive your tax receipt. Just add your gifts to the cart, and when you’re ready to check out, enter your information under “Register account.” If you have questions, please call us at 1-844-715-7969 (toll-free) or send us an infogiftswithvision.ca (e-mail).
- How do I print out a receipt for myself so I know who received what gift from me?
At the end of the ordering process, you will have the opportunity to print a PDF card or send an e-mail to the recipient. You will also be sent a confirmation e-mail with the details of your Gifts with Vision.
- Can I give a gift in memory of a friend or loved one?
Yes. You can give a gift in memory of or in celebration of your friends and family members. Acknowledgement cards are sent to the person with the name and address you provide. If you donate online, please leave details about your gift in the message box.
- Will my gift be credited to my congregation’s Mission & Service goal?
Only Gifts with Vision given for Mission & Service can be credited to a congregation’s Mission & Service goal. You can make a gift for Mission & Service through Gifts with Vision by choosing the Mission & Service gift option. If you choose to credit a congregation for your Mission & Service online gift, you will still receive a tax receipt for the entire amount of your gift.
- Is my money considered a donation or a sponsorship? Do I get a tax receipt?
Your money is considered a donation, and you will be e-mailed an electronic tax receipt after checkout.
- Whom does the tax receipt go to—me or the gift recipient?
It goes to you (the donor). Canadian tax law does not allow us to provide a tax receipt to anyone who did not personally make a donation. However, after you complete payment for Gifts with Vision you can select and print a card for the gift recipient to let them know the gift has been made.
- When will I get my tax receipt?
When you make a Gift with Vision online, you will receive a tax receipt via e-mail immediately after you complete payment for the gift.
- I lost my electronic tax receipt. Can I get another copy?
Yes! Log in to your account with your e-mail address and choose “Order History.” Select your order, and then click “Re-issue Tax Receipt.” If you encounter any problems, call us at 1-844-715-7969 (toll-free) or infogiftswithvision.ca (e-mail us).
- How are gift catalogue items selected?
The church consults with Mission & Service partners and relevant stakeholders for projects with a limited timeframe and a separate budget. We ask them to propose projects for the gift catalogue apart from our ongoing core program funding. For groups or people who wish to make a large gift for a specific Mission & Service partner, please schartersunited-church.ca (consult staff), who can help you make a designated gift to a specific partner.
- Does 100 percent of my money go to designated projects? Is any administration fee deducted?
Your gift goes to the project you select. Ten percent is allocated to cover the cost of printing and distributing the catalogue.
- How long does it take to transfer my money to the designated projects?
The Gifts with Vision grants are sent in late 2017 and regularly through 2018 as long as gifts are given to a designated project and until this giving catalogue is closed in October 2018.
- Can I receive a feedback report showing how my money is used?
We will post updates and thank-you notes from partners on the United Church’s Round the Table blog. The first cheques are sent to partners in December, and we ask our partners to respond with preliminary updates in May of the following year.
- How do I recommend an organization to be included in the catalogue?
To recommend a Mission & Service partner organization to be included in next year’s Gifts with Vision catalogue, please send us an infogiftswithvision.ca (e-mail).
- Can I get more copies of the print catalogue?
Yes! Please send us an infogiftswithvision.ca (e-mail) and we will be happy to send you as many as you need.
- How do I order a copy of the graphic novel about residential schools?
"UNeducation: A Residential School Graphic Novel” can be purchased online at www.eaglespeaker.com.
- Help! I accidentally placed my order twice!
Please provide the confirmation numbers for the orders and we will reverse one of them for you. Speak to one of our customer service representatives at 1-844-715-7969 (toll-free) or send us an infogiftswithvision.ca (e-mail).
- There’s a typo on the page/I’m having problems with the PDF files/other website issues.
Please send us an infogiftswithvision.ca (e-mail) to let us know about the problem/issue, or speak to one of our customer service representatives at 1-844-715-7969 (toll-free).
Gifts with Vision express compassion, build community, and offer hope.
On behalf of those we all serve, please accept our thanks.