Below is a collection of the most commonly asked questions related to Gifts with Vision. If your question isn’t on the list, please infogiftswithvision.ca (e-mail us).
- How do I order a copy of the graphic novel about residential schools?
"UNeducation: A Residential School Graphic Novel” can be purchased online at www.eaglespeaker.com.
- Do I need to create an account to make a gift?
It’s not necessary to create an account to make a gift. Just add your gifts to the cart, and when you’re ready to check out, skip the “Returning Users” section and start by entering your e-mail address under “Account Information.” If you have questions, please call us at 1-844-715-7969 (toll-free) or send us an infogiftswithvision.ca (e-mail).
- Is my money considered a donation or a sponsorship? Do I get a tax receipt?
Your money is considered a donation, and you will be e-mailed an electronic tax receipt after checkout.
- Whom does the tax receipt go to—me or the gift recipient?
It goes to you (the donor). Canadian tax law does not allow us to provide a tax receipt to anyone who did not personally make a donation.
- Why can’t I have the tax receipt sent to the gift recipient?/Can you notify the gift recipient that I made a gift in their name?
By law, you must be shown as the donor and receive the charitable donation receipt. However, after you complete payment for Gifts with Vision you can select and print a card for the gift recipient to let them know the gift has been made.
- When will I get my tax receipt?
When you make a Gift with Vision online, you will receive a tax receipt via e-mail immediately after you complete payment for the gift.
- How do I print out a receipt for myself so I know who received what gift from me?
At the end of the ordering process, you will be asked to print a PDF card or send an e-mail to the recipient. You will also be sent a confirmation e-mail with the details of your Gifts with Vision.
- Can I pay for my gifts by cheque or money order?
Online and phone orders are paid by credit card. To pay for your Gifts with Vision by cheque or money order, please download and print our order form (PDF 205 KB), indicate your gift choices, and mail the form with your payment to the address shown on the form. You can also use the order form that accompanies print catalogues.
- I lost my electronic tax receipt. Can I get another copy?
Yes! If you created an account, log in with your e-mail address and choose “Order History.” Select your order and then click “Re-issue Tax Receipt.” If you did not create an account or if you encounter any problems, call us at 1-844-715-7969 (toll-free) or infogiftswithvision.ca (e-mail us).
- Can I give a gift in memory of a friend or loved one?
Yes. You can give a gift in memory or celebration of your friends and family members. Acknowledgement cards will be sent to the person with the name and address you provide. If you donate online at giftswithvision.ca, please leave details about your gift in the message box.
- Will my gift be credited to my congregation’s Mission & Service goal?
Only Gifts with Vision given for Mission & Service can be credited to a congregation’s Mission & Service goal. Gifts with Vision is a program for those who wish to provide additional support to specific Mission & Service partners or to Mission & Service as a whole. Gifts with Vision are over and above congregational, UCW, and individual giving for Mission & Service. All Gifts with Vision go to the designated Mission & Service partners for the purpose of the project described in the catalogue.
- Can I make a donation/give a gift for Mission & Service through Gifts with Vision?
Yes, you can make a gift for Mission & Service for use where it is most needed. If you are making your gift online, select the Mission & Service gift option on giftswithvision.ca. You can choose to credit your congregation for your Mission & Service online gift; you will still receive a tax receipt for the entire amount of your gift.
- How do I submit my donation? Do I have to go through my church?
To make a gift online, simply add items to your cart and then click the “Checkout” button at the top right of the screen. From here you can confirm your items and proceed to online payment. You can also mail your order to us directly with payment by cheque or credit card, or order by calling our customer service representatives at 1-844-715-7969 (toll-free). There is no need to go through your church to make a gift.
- Help! I accidentally placed my order twice!
Please provide the confirmation numbers for the orders and we will reverse one of them for you. Speak to one of our customer service representatives at 1-844-715-7969 (toll-free) or send us an infogiftswithvision.ca (e-mail).
- How are gift catalogue items selected?
The church consults with Mission & Service partners and relevant stakeholders for projects with a limited timeframe and a separate budget. We ask them to propose projects for the gift catalogue apart from our ongoing core program funding.
- Are some gift items better than others?
We are firmly committed to the work of all of our Mission & Service partners, and each gift is of value to and has impact on both individuals and their community.
- How are prices determined for items in the gift catalogue?
Our Mission & Service partners are keenly aware of the costs to run their programs and projects. With their help we have broken the total costs into “gift-sized” portions for individuals. For groups or people who wish to make a large gift for a specific Mission & Service partner, please scharterunited-church.ca (consult staff) who can help you make a designated gift to a specific partner.
- How long does it take to transfer my money to the designated project(s)?
The Gifts with Vision grants will be sent in late 2016 and regularly through 2017 as long as gifts are given to a designated project and until this giving catalogue is closed in October 2017.
- Can I receive a feedback report showing how my money is used?
We will post updates and thank-you notes on the Gifts with Vision website. The first cheques are sent to partners in December, and we anticipate it will take several months for our partners to respond with updates.
- Does 100 percent of my money go to designated project(s)? Is any administration fee deducted?
Your gift goes to the project you select. Ten percent is allocated to cover the cost of printing and distributing the catalogue.
- What if you raise more funds than expected for a particular item?
If by chance a Gift with Vision is so popular that it becomes oversubscribed, additional gifts will be forwarded to that same partner to be used for the next greatest need.
- How do I find out more about Mission & Service partners?
Find out more about our global partners on The United Church of Canada website.
- How do I recommend an organization to be included in the next catalogue?
To recommend a Mission & Service partner organization, please send us an infogiftswithvision.ca (e-mail).
- Can I get more copies of the print catalogue?
Yes! Please send us an infogiftswithvision.ca (e-mail) and we will be happy to send you as many as you need.
- There’s a typo on the page/I’m having problems with the PDF files/other website issues.
Please send us an infogiftswithvision.ca (e-mail) about the issue, or speak to one of our customer service representatives at 1-844-715-7969 (toll-free).
Gifts with Vision express compassion, build community, and offer hope.
On behalf of those we all serve, please accept our thanks.